#top-menu-nav #top-menu a:hover, #mobile_menu_slide a:hover { color: red !important; }



Despite the potential health risks, having a mold test performed before purchasing a home can help you avoid costly repairs. By choosing to waive a mold test when buying a house, you risk ending up with a huge repair cost if you discover it after you move in. Remember, not all mold is visible! A mold inspection performed by a professional mold inspector is the best way to ensure you don’t end up holding the bag for repairs. It will save you time and money, protect your family’s health, and will ensure you get the best deal possible during negotiations.


In short, Mold is a fungus that grows in multicellular filaments called hyphae. Because of its microscopic multicellular nature, it can easiliy enter the human body if touched or inhaled. People who are allergic to mold may experience symptoms similar to those caused by other allergens. These toxins can be found both in living and dead mold spores, and depending on the type of spore, exposure to them can be more dangerous than exposure to other allergenic types. In many cases, mycotoxins are the source of the health problems caused by mold. They grow in dark, moist areas, and in areas with little light. Mold requires food and moisture to survive and left untreated, they will continue to grow and multiply.


Mycotoxins are harmful fungi capable of causing disease and death. As stated above, due to the microscopic nature of mold spores, the most common way spores enter the body is through the skin and eyes, and can also be inhaled through the mouth and sinuses. Not all Mycotoxins are harmful, while others can be hazardous to humans and pets. As a result, persons and pets exposed to harmful mycotoxins may develop symptoms such as intoxication, chronic fatigue, allergic reactions, or even increased risk of cancer, to name a few.

The most common mycotixin is Stachybotrys, commonly referred to as “Black Mold.” However, many molds are black in color but does not mean Stachybotrys is present. The best way to determine the presence of mycotoxins is to have your home tested by a professional mold inspector who is equippped to test for harmful mold and identify the specific spore type. For this reason, we always recommend our Healthy Family Package to ensure you, your pets, and your family is safe and sound after moving in!